The Boston Bruins have locked up Brad Marchand to a multi-year contract extension ahead of a possible lockout. Boston signed the 24-year-old forward to an US$18-million, four-year deal that pays $4.5 million per season.
Tyler Seguin Signed to Six-Year Contract Extension
Boston Bruins General Manager Peter Chiarelli announced today, September 11, that the club has signed forward Tyler Seguin to a six-year contract extension through the 2018-19 season. Seguin’s contract is worth an average of $5.75 http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=641195
Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair.
- The Dallas Stars signed veteran goaltender Kari Lehtonen to a US$29.5-million, five-year contract extension on Friday.
- The Washington Capitals have re-signed defenseman John Carlson to a six-year, $23.8 million contract extension
- Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed defenseman Jonathon Blum to a one-year, two-way contract worth $650,000 at the NHL level and $105,000 at the AHL level.
- The Vancouver Canucks re-signed left-winger Alex Burrows to an $18-million, four-year contract extension Friday.
Shane Doan is staying with the only NHL franchise he's ever played for, signing a four-year, $21.2 million contract to stay with the Phoenix Coyotes. The deal includes $2 million signing bonus that is deferred to end of the contract. Doan will get $1 million five years from now and another $1 million six years from now.
The Buffalo Sabres announced on Saturday that they have signed forward Tyler Ennis to a two-year contract worth $5.625 million. The deal has an average annual value of $2.8125 million. Ennis, 22, had 15 goals and 19 assists in 48 games for the Sabres last season. He missed 34 games because of ankle injuries.
- The Anaheim Ducks have signed defenceman Cam Fowler to a five-year, $20 million contract extension through 2017-18, the team announced Saturday.
- The Nashville Predators signed defenseman Kevin Klein to a five-year contract on Saturday worth $14.5 million.
- Nashville Predators President of Hockey Operations/General Manager David Poile announced today that the club has signed forward Craig Smith to a two-year, $4 million contract that will pay him $2 million in both 2013-14 and 2014-15.
Less than an hour before the beginning of the NHL lockout, the Winnipeg Jets have locked up franchise forward Evander Kane to a six-year, $31.5 million contract. Kane had his best season as a pro last year, scoring a career-high 30 goals and 57 points in 74 games.